Re: [orca-list] any one using emaics in gnome terminal with Orca?

On Mi, Apr 18 2012, Krishnakant mane wrote:

Any one using emacs with Orca?

I switch to a text console for using Vim or Emacs. I use Gnus as my
primary mail client, this is the main reason for me to use Emacs. For
editing tasks, I use Vim.

If you wish to use Emacs in Gnome-terminal however, you may want to add
the -nw parameter (--no-window-system) to prevent emacs from showing the
graphical, non-accessible version.

I am trying vim currently but it only tells me some numbers, probably
the characther number when I am typing.

Disabling the cursor position in the status line should help. Just put
the following line in your ~/.vimrc:

set noruler

cheers

  Henning