Re: [orca-list] kmail?

On 04/11/2012 10:32 AM, Andy B. wrote:

Kmail keeps crashing on me when setting up Gmail accounts. Does anyone
have experience with this? “Notification: imap gmail account 6 is
broken. It is now offline.” I chose to use the kwallet feature because
I don’t know what I am doing with these apps. Oh, and as a side note,
Orca fails to read and identify password fields. To it, they are
standard textboxes. When you type into them, you can’t see the text
(*) to represent your password.

Yes, maybe this was a bit premature, there are a few crashers in KMail
(or rather Qt and the qt-at-spi bridge). I fixed some of them. As this
is a very new accessibility stack, bear with me :)
For password fields, currently orca simply doesn't echo anything any
more with later versions of qt-at-spi.
I'll look into sending a * instead, even though it's not high priority
for me right now.

Thanks for the feedback
Frederik