[orca-list] can't read text in widgets like password and rename entry field

Hello all,
I found out that when I press f2 on a file to rename it, I can't read
the current contents in the entry field.
Similarly moving arrows around the password entry field does not
reveal any thing, so there is no way I can count the number of * or
what ever been entered.
Further more I notice a very strange problem, would be happy if some
one could confirm.
Press alt + enter on a folder or file to see its properties.
Orca will read it using flat review all right.
But the moment I go away either by pressing escape or alt + tab, the
system refuses to respond.
Orca stops speaking and keyboard hangs, yet the mouse is working as
confirmed by my wife who is sighted.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.