Re: [orca-list] I experience very positive results with new QT Accessibility Bridge related with Skype

Thomas Ward <thomasward1978 gmail com> wrote:
I here you there. I think the problem is that because qt-atspi
requires a lot of newer packages like the latest atk, at-spi2-core,
at-spi2-atk, QT 4.8, etc you have to upgrade or recompile a number of
dependencies to get it to work. Even though Ubuntu 11.04 is only six
months old it is still using Gnome 2.32, and the dependencies required
for qt-atspi are Gnome 3.x from what I can see. So based on what I'm
reading from the full dependency list something like the latest Arch
or Ubuntu 11.10 is required for the minimum stable versions of the
requirements for qt-atspi.

Or the forthcoming Fedora 16 release, and probably other distributions by
then.

Debian hasn't moved to Gnome 3.x yet, but full AT-SPI 2 packages are available
from the experimental repository.