Re: [orca-list] gnome 3.2

Johnathan,

I just recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 and am more than slightly nutty now because of frustrations with using Firefox and Thunderbird. It's better since the upgrades I downloaded and installed yesterday or the day before, but...

One workaround that provides enough of a solution for me to get some work done is to open up the Orca preferences for whichever of those applications I am trying to use (Insert + CTRL + Space). Then I simply do Shift + TAB once to reach theOkay button, hit it to reload the Orca user settings for Thunderbird or Firefox, ALT + TAB to switch to another window or to just stay in the same window if that's all I have open and Orca will start to behave more normally.

It is not a perfect solution, and I still run into trouble with the focus problems others have mentioned, but it's getting me by while the problem is being addressed by our hard-working accessibility miracle workers.

Hope this helps!

Tami