I am really frustrated with this.
Many thanks,
Christian

On 2011-10-21 at 05:19 Steve Holmes wrote:

Just checked here and I have no problems opening up the Orca control
panel.

When enabling speech to start automatically, you do that in the Gnome
system settings panel now; not in Orca.  In this new place, you just
press the button to enable screen reader to start.  No Yes/No prompts
involved.  this is with GNOME 3 under Arch Linux.  That part seems to
be working pretty much as expected.