Re: [orca-list] orca-list] Orca speech slows down from time to time

Hello,
I belived I've been experiencing the same problem.  Occasionally speech slows down like cold molasses.

I didn't think to speed up reading in the orca preferences (mainly because the slow output was an obsticle).

I found quitting orca and doing "# /etc/rc.d/speechd restart" then relaunching orca fixed the issue (temporarily).  The first time I tried this was after looking in my error.log or kernel.log file around the time speech went funky and noticed either some speech-dipatcher messages or pulse-audio messages.