[orca-list] gnome-terminal inaccessible in debian wheezy

I downloaded and installed debian wheezy on a machine last week. Its very nice in that if you do a talking install, orca is enabled on the login screen. But I have one problem. When I open a gnome-terminal window, orca says its inaccessible. I'm not talking about opening a root terminal. Just selecting terminal from the accessories menu gives me a window that orca says is inaccessible. II tried pressing Alt+F2 and running gnome-terminal directly but that does the same thing.

Everything else works as far as I can tell. I'm not having trouble with iceweasel, for example.