Re: [orca-list] Problem with speech-dispatcher and orca

I have to say I agree with you that the central single speech-dispatcher server was simpler and seemed to work better, and no pulse also was better. Unfortunately as you say, its not the current rage and so to set things up as you say is to go against the normal way and so in itself can be a bit of a battle as the packages sometimes keep trying to reconfigure it back to per user set ups.

Anyway, putting the above to one side, speech-dispatcher and pulseaudio do expect to be used (seems to be the default expectation) so they really need to sort out the issues, like the one I describe. While these sorts of issues exist, this will mean there will still be opposition to systems like pulse, as simply they don't work.

Michael Whapples