Re: [orca-list] Unable to use Firefox 7 or 8

Janina Sajka <janina rednote net> wrote:
I'm wondering whether it's just me, just my distro, or whether others
are seeing similar issues.

It's probably the known bug whereby the new mechanism for activating
accessibility support isn't recognized by Firefox. You have to set certain
environment variables, but I'm having trouble finding the mailing list message
that tells me what the settings must be.

I have a fully updated install of Fedora 16. Initially, F16 installed
Firefox 7. In the past few days this upgrades to Firefox 8. I should add
that these are all 64-bit.

I cannot access page contents in any way with either Orca-3.2.1 or the
recent Orca-3.3.2. Nothing talks.

Given those versions of Orca, I suspect your distro is running Gnome 3.2 and
you would be subject to the bug, and hence will need to set the right
environment variables to activate ATK support in Firefox.