Re: [orca-list] Orca caps-lock fix

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 09:33:09AM EST, Bill Cox wrote:
On my system, I got it working with a patch to Orca to use setxkbmap,
and by editing some configuration files in the xkeyboard-config
package to add a new caps lock configuration, which I called "orca".
Done this way, this option shows up in the Keyboard settings dialog
along with the other settings for the caps lock key, which is kind of
cool.  I have Orca enable the orca mode with:

setxkbmap -option caps:orca

and disable it with:

setxkbmap -option

Awesome find! I think the orca preset in the xkb settings could probably be renamed to something more
generic, then it should be a matter of justifying it upstream, which I don't think will be a problem.

I'm not willing to put either patch into Ubuntu until both patches are applieddddddddddddd upstream.
Backporting the patches won't be a problem, but upstream is where they should be first, so its less work for
downstream distros to carry them in the future.

Luke