[orca-list] orca cannot find the registry

Hi.  I am using orca from git and when I run gdm, orca does speak, but
if I try logging in, orca is not there.  I went into a text console --
exported DISPLAY=:0 and tried to run orca that way, however I got the
following traceback:

orca &
[1] 24917
covici ccs /audio/waves $ /usr/bin/orca: line 59: xmodmap: command not
found
/usr/bin/orca: line 60: xmodmap: command not found
/usr/bin/orca: line 61: xmodmap: command not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/orca/orca.py", line 2283, in
  main
    init(pyatspi.Registry)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/orca/orca.py", line 1983, in
  init
    registry.registerEventListener(_onChildrenChanged,
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyatspi/registry.py", line
  331, in __getattribute__
    raise RuntimeError('Could not find or activate registry')
RuntimeError: Could not find or activate registry

[1]+  Done                    orca

How can I get orca to start as a regular user?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici