From: Frederik Gladhorn <mail () @kde.org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 18:48:53 +0200
Subject: Re: [Kde-accessibility] Re: [orca-list] qt-at-spi on Arch Linux
To: Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com>

Hi Alex,

no problem :)

I will copy a blog post by Jonathan Riddell which explains some things:

It takes some fiddling to get it to work and the end result is crashy. I had to
install at-spi2-core, libatk-adaptor, python-pyatspi2 as well as orca the
screen reader. Then set some gconf settings to tell orca to use AT-SPI2
(gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-dbus --type bool true;
gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-corba --type bool false).
Force some environment variables export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge; export
QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1 and finally orca will read my Qt applications. Yay.

I hope this helps.
We made good advancements in the qt bridge this week and I think we will have
a first beta release in a month approximately. Please be aware that in the end
you need Qt 4.8 or a heavily patched version of 4.7 to really make use of it.

I'll come back to you when I integrated the things we found out at the atk/at-
spi meeting this week. Also we plan to get rid of all the environment variable
stuff that I wrote above.

Thanks for your interest!

Greetings
Frederik