Re: [orca-list] Folder list in thunderbird is not updated

Hi Michael.

Quick response without having had the opportunity to look into it.

Orca doesn't cache information between events; just for the current
event. In other words, if we get say a focus: event, we'll get the
details for speech, and cache those details for braille. But the very
next event that comes in, regardless of its type, will cause us to dump
that cache. So, for all intents and purposes, Orca doesn't cache
information. Therefore, if Orca is reporting outdated information, my
guess would be that Thunderbird is providing us with outdated
information.

Creating a simple pyatspi listener in python would be a way to test what
Orca has access to.

Hope this helps.
--joanie