Re: [orca-list] Problem with Cepstral Voices

Hi,

Jef wrote:

Does itsay anything further (i.e. does it give the reason why it
failed)? "Permission
denied?" perhaps?  Is your user in the audio group?

My responce:

No. Swift doesn't give any indication or reason why it can't access
the sound card other than the failed message, and yes my user account
is in the audio group. Everything seems to be working fine accept for
the Cepstral voices and the Fonex Dectalk. ESpeak, Eloquence, playing
mp3s, wavs, etc works just fine. Just can't get the Cepstral voices
setup and working with Orca without that error. I've been a linux user
for better than 10 years, and have never experienced anything like
this situation. I've tried everything i know how to do and then some
and those voices are basically just dead when it comes to Ubuntu 10
and newer. That's why I was hoping anyone here has experienced this
issue and can offer a solution maybe I haven't tried yet.

Cheers!