[orca-list] A question about Arch and Gnome

Hi all,
OK, so I had to do some modifications to my machine and now I have also reinstalled Arch and now I have a few
questions.
First, is Gnome 3 now included with Arch since I noticed that Orca v3 was installed as well as some other
packages.
I installed the nessesary packages and it went just fine.
I also reviewed the Arch wiki page and have a question.
Isn't hal no longer needed?
I also installed gamin.
I also installed gnome and gnome-extras
I then started hal anyway.
And finally gdm.
But now how to login to Gnome?
I tried pressing enter followed by my password, isn't this correct with the new gdm?
Any help is really apreciated on this.
Many thanks,
Christian