Re: [orca-list] nvda under the Wine

Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:

Agreed. And it gets easier and easier as time goes on and Linux
gains more and more recognition and more developers begin supporting
it. As accessibility of other desktop environments such as KDE
develops, even more applications will become available to us that
will allow us to replace the Windows applications we once used.~Kyle

I'm entirely in favour of more accessible choices, which is why I care about
the accessibility of software that I don't personally choose or need.

I'm trying to tell a slightly different story however: I never used Windows or
Winodws applications in the first place. I switched straight from DOS to Linux
in the late 90s and never felt seriously tempted to use anything else. I could
elaborate my reasons for preferring Linux, but this mailing list isn't the
right forum in which to do it. The summary is that I'm strongly in favour of
the UNIX tradition as it has evolved over the years, and I find that I am
highly productive in this environment. The community is supportive and
developing one's Linux skills is fun, too.