Re: [orca-list] nvda under the Wine

I'm currently not able to get NVDA speaking using Wine. It complains about ALSA, Pulse and a few other things, but it does play the startup and shutdown sounds, so ALSA and Pulse don't seem to be the real problem. I have the portable version of NVDA in $HOME/nvda. Running

cd nvda
wine nvda.exe

plays the startup sound followed immediately by the shutdown sound. Several errors about alsa, Pulse and a dll called winemp3.acm, which I believe is just an mp3 codec, and shouldn't be required to start NVDA speech, appear in the terminal, and the program dies. It looks as though fixes are needed in Wine somewhere before NVDA can be made to speak.
~Kyle