[orca-list] Word echo in thunderbird message areas

Hello,
I wonder if others have noticed this and if a bug report has been made. While I am willing to make a bug report, my time is sufficiently limited at the moment I would prefer not to spend the time debugging with orca and such like to work out what is going on if someone has already done it.

OK, the issue is that I have upgraded to thunderbird 3.3A3 and now when writing a message (in the message area, the subject field and the to field work fine) orca is no longer echoing what is typed. I have speech set to echo words, but I believe its more general than that as the cursor is moving on the Braille display but it is not showing the text which I am typing. If I use cursor keys I can review the text, so it seems to be a problem with orca being told about the text being inserted.

This worked fine back in thunderbird 3.3A2. It is only thunderbird which changed in the time when this broke so I am confident its a thunderbird bug.

Michael Whapples