Re: [orca-list] Any known issues with simulated mouse clicks in Firefox 4?

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 08:31:50PM -0500, Nolan Darilek wrote:
I have a site which requires me to simulate a left mouse click on
some links using orca-7--in laptop mode, anyway. This works fine
under Firefox 3.6, but fails under 4.0.

ok, I'm pretty sure there's a orca bug for this, I'm not sure anyone's
really been able to investigate it yet though.

Due to some of the previously-discussed focus issues, I've had to do
a few additional things to make this work. Sometimes, for instance,
I have to find the link text using ctrl-f before simulating the
click. This doesn't fix the issue under 4.0.

Additionally, I've used the keyboard shortcut that routes the mouse
to the pointer, but with no luck. I've also tried actually clicking
the mouse, but again without success.

hmm, that might indicate the click just has no effect for some reason,
or it could be any number of things, nd I have no easy idea how to
figure out which one.

Since this works under 3.6, it's clearly a regression. I'm wondering
if it happens to be a known one?

 Its vaguely familiar, but afaik nobody has really looked into this at
 all yet, the test case was german or something, which made it sort of
 tricky for me :-(

The problem I have with reporting this is that it happens in a site
that requires login (http://okcupid.com/match). There are a number
of search criteria on that page that are represented as links, but
which can't be triggered with enter. And this *does* work on some
sites, so it isn't universally failing, but it seems to work less
reliably in 4.0 than it did in 3.6.

If anyone can help me to create a better bug report (assuming this
isn't a known issue) then I'd be happy to, I just don't know how to
do that for protected sites, short of expecting developers to create
accounts. Thanks.

well, iirc you have some knowledge of weby stuff, so it would be
wonderful if you could come up with a fairly small test case, for the
bug.

Trev