[orca-list] Focus issues in Firefox

I'm using an old version of Orca until the Debian packages (in Sid) are updated, so
this may have been addressed already. I'm also aware of an updated package in
Debian Experimental, but I've read expressions of dissatisfaction with it, and
I would expect another upload of the latest code fairly soon anyway - thus I'm
holding back on the upgrade for now.

Here's the problem, affecting a variety of Web sites with Firefox 3.6.x and
Firefox 4.0-rc1.  Most of the sites that come to mind are
password-protected/confidential, but when I find a good public example I'll
submit a bug report, if appropriate.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Use the cursor keys to read through a Web page.

2. Make sure the cursor is to the left of a link/control that you want to give focus,
or on the line above, with no links or controls between the cursor and the
desired link/control.

3. Press tab.

Expected behaviour: the next link/control in the reading order (i.e., the
desired one) receives focus.

Actual behaviour: some other, completely unrelated link/control elsewhere on the page receives focus.

Is there any chance of a really good, definitive solution to this?