Re: [orca-list] some issues in orca from git

Hi,
On Sa, Mär 12, 2011 at 10:11:51 -0500, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:

I'm sorry you are having problems with your preferences. I am not having
these problems, though when the json switch was first made I did have to
re-establish my settings.

Well I've deleted my settings and started from scratch as well :-).

Things I would try:

1. Is there cruft in the installed location of Orca (like the yaml
backend which no longer exists)? If so, cruft removal is in order.

I have no pyyaml installed here.

2. If you remove (or rename) all your settings files and "start over
clean," does the problem go away? If so, hopefully you can then pin down
the problematic file, and then the problematic setting within that file.
And/or you can send the file to me and let me take a look.

I.ll attach my usersettings.
What I tried to change:
keyecho disabled, espeak rate to 70, puncutation = None.
The last point combined with rate setting was not saved or read
correctly for all voices.

Please have a look to my settings file.
BR.
Halim