Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird 5 accessibility issues

On 29/06/11 10:50, Nolan Darilek wrote:
I'm trying to install a Thunderbird extension that I've downloaded
separately, as it doesn't seem to exist on mozilla.org. Is there no
longer an Install button in the addon manager, or is it now
inaccessible? There seem to be some issues with this interface involving
controls appearing or disappearing for no reason I can determine. In
particular, sometimes when tabbing through I get a set of radio buttons
which I presume lets me enable automatic updates, sometimes I don't, but
either way these buttons don't respond to keypresses.

What version of Orca and Thunderbird are you using? I'm running Orca
3.1.2 and Thunderbird 3.1.10, and I don't think I've run into these
issues. I know I've installed add ons in Thunderbird recently, and I
don't recall having any trouble finding the install button.

Is the author of a message no longer displayed when scrolling through,
or is it displayed but just not accessible?

I use the preview pane, and I don't have any trouble finding out the
author of a message. I can get to the from field by just using the tab
key from the in box or the shift+tab is I'm in the body of a message. To
be honest, sometimes I'll just use the F6 key to get back into the inbox
rather than backtab through the other fields to get to the from field.
It can't be too hard to create some custom keys in Orca to grab this
info. If I only had the time!

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain gmail com