[orca-list] Thunderbird 5 accessibility issues

Ugh, seems like every new version of a Mozilla product regresses some in accessibility, at least under Orca. Sorry to be negative about it but there it is.

I'm trying to install a Thunderbird extension that I've downloaded separately, as it doesn't seem to exist on mozilla.org. Is there no longer an Install button in the addon manager, or is it now inaccessible? There seem to be some issues with this interface involving controls appearing or disappearing for no reason I can determine. In particular, sometimes when tabbing through I get a set of radio buttons which I presume lets me enable automatic updates, sometimes I don't, but either way these buttons don't respond to keypresses.

Is the author of a message no longer displayed when scrolling through, or is it displayed but just not accessible?

These aren't huge issues, but it'd be nice if newer versions of a product fixed existing bugs rather than added new ones. I'm getting some new hangs in Firefox 5, for instance, that resemble some of the old accessibility freezes we used to get with Orca quite often. The desktop freezes, becomes entirely unresponsive, my CPU fan spins madly, and the only way to get Orca or anything else back is to killall -KILL firefox-bin. And that might be OK if some other accessibility issues were resolved, but I'm not finding any just yet. Wondering if ChromeVox might be a workable solution. I'm planning on trying that later this week, that might eliminate the pain point of being stuck with one browser which is a bit of a web access bottleneck if it doesn't let you click on some links or presents something inaccurately.

Thanks.