[orca-list] Update: Re: Orca Speech Cutting Out Badly

Hi Again Folks,

I am writing to provide a bit of an update, an observation and a
question.

My Orca speech problem has evolved to the point where I now lose
speech when ever I am typing. Incidentally, it must be noted that
the majority of this problem has occurred whilst on the Bard site.
I therefore tentatively surmised that perhaps the Bard site was at
fault. However, after visiting other sites, traversing the Gnome
menus and attempting to explore the actual Orca Preferences menu,
the problem persisted. I therefore have to rule out the Bard site
as the source of the problem.

The loss of speech effectively renders my Linux box totally
useless. I am certainly open to reinstalling the system, but it
would need to be another system other than the Squeeze Disk which
I am currently trying to run. Then too, I would have to find a
blind-friendly distro, because the one I have at present requires
sighted assistance. I am quite frankly at my wits end, and would
sincerely appreciate any and all help that I can get.

Regards,
Ray

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/