[orca-list] Orca Speech Cutting Out Badly

Hi Folks,

     I was advised to join this list in order to seek feedback on
a technical problem that I am having with Orca. I am running the
latest version of the squeeze disk, which is supposed to feature a
significantly upgraded version of Orca.

     When ever I am trying to read the content of my screen with
either the numpad or the center cursor keys, the speech
inexplicably cuts out, and I am unable to get the system talking
again until I reboot. This problem is becoming so serious that I am
not able to use my linux box with any degree of reliability. I
would sincerely appreciate any and all guidance I can get
concerning this matter.

     I am hesitant to install any extraneous software unless
absolutely necessary, because when ever I introduce something new
to my system, I lose my media player. This problem can only be
remedied by reinstalling the entire system from the CD. However, I
will do what ever it takes in order to render my machine functional
once more. The one thing that I could most definitely use is a
comprehensive manual or set of tutorials on the gnome system in
general.

     Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Ray

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/