Re: [orca-list] changing default desktop?

Hi Hank,

For the most part Unity works fine with Orca.  I have Ubuntu 11.04 and
Orca 3.1.2, and don't really have any serious problems with Unity. The
apps menu doesn't really talk, but everything else seems reasonably
accessible.  If you have a launcher on the launcher panel you can get
to most of what you need, or you can press alt+f2  open the run
dialog, and simply type in the program you want to launch. Seriously,
its no big deal.
Also I might like to point out that Ubuntu 11 still has Gnome. Its
just not the default desktop. If you don't like Unity its not a big
deal to switch back to Gnome.

HTH