Re: [orca-list] Is anyone using Orca with Emacspeak? And does speech-dispatcher support hardware synths?

David E. Price <deprice cs utah edu> wrote:
I tested Orca using the emacspeak speech engine for about 30 minutes
at work today.

Bottom line: Orca works very well with the emacspeak speech engine
as long as you don't try to also run emacs with emacspeak in a
console window.

It worked well for me too when I last tried it.

My suggestion would be to leave the code in place - why remove a simple,
working solution, especially when the alternatives don't cover all of the use
cases right now?

I have a DECTALK Express as well, and so far as speech synthesizers are
concerned, it's still superior to any of the free/open-source software
systems on offer.