Re: [orca-list] Wine

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011, Christian wrote:

Has anyone on this list been able to play any audio games using Wine?
If so, how was the result?

I tried it a little, with mixed results.

First off, unless you have a self-voicing installer, installing the software can be a bit of guess-work. The alt-n combination may help a lot to hit the Next button.

I tried it with two games, Super Egg Hunt and Topspeed 3. Neither were an unqualified success.

Super Egg Hunt mostly worked. The chook didn't walk around like it was supposed to which made the game easier than it should have been, and you couldn't hear your character walking around either but I didn't mind that much either actually. It's not running as documented though.

I couldn't get Topspeed 3 to work properly at all. I got the menu music but not much else.

I've not really tried to troubleshoot either of these problems, so they might be solvable but I don't know.

HTH,
Geoff.