Re: [orca-list] More on the orca not speaking thunderbird message content area

Hi Michael,

This doesn't really solve the underlying problem, but I wonder if it would help to add a line like this into src/orca/scripts/apps/Thunderbird/script.py:

  app.setCacheMask (pyatspi.cache.NONE)

This should disable all caching. There are several bit flags that can be specified (default is NAME|STATES|CHILDREN|ROLE|INTERFACES|PARENT|DESCRIPTION. pyatspi.cache.ALL caches everything. With the newest git revision, there is a DEFAULT, which defaults to ALL minus ATTRIBUTES, which is also new).

Hth; I'll try to look more when I have some time.

-Mike