[orca-list] thanks all!

Steve, orca now starts the way it should. Is there a place with "current" documentation on how orca/gnome3 are supposed to work in terms of preferences or anything that way?

I noticed gnome terminal seems to kind of refresh the screen the way it should is this supposed to work this way? (meaning, orca seems to occationally reread the screen from the top)

Thunderbird still is a little flakey, but it seems to now behave the way it's supposed to "i think" we'll see there.

Thanks to all of those who helped me sort out my initial frustration and issues.