Re: [orca-list] thunderbird

On 20/07/11 18:30, Deedra Waters wrote:
Is there a place where you can find the keystrokes to help navigate
thunderbird? i turned off the view payne so i can open the messages
myself but i can't figure out how to switch paynes;p so i seem to now be
stuck in the message i'm unless i delete or move to the next message.

I learned Thunderbird in Windows and figured out most of the shortcut
keys through trial and error. Using Google, I found the following web
site though, which seems like a pretty good reference:
http://pcsplace.com/tech-list/mozilla-thunderbird-keyboard-shortcut-keys-complete-list/

I usually use the view pane and just use F6 or shift+F6 to jump from the
list of folders, to the list of messages to the message itself.

If you've turned off the view pane, I assume you're opening the message
with the enter key? If so, you are either opening a message in a new tab
or a new window, depending on your settings. Try keys like control+w to
close the tab/window, control+tab and control+shift+tab to cycle around
between the open tabs. Note that depending on how Thunderbird is
configured closing the last tab will close Thunderbird altogether. I'd
also give control+page-up-or-down a shot to see what it does as well.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain gmail com