Re: [orca-list] Structural HTML navigation by lists

Am 20.01.2011 04:21, schrieb Joanmarie Diggs:

What is your opinion on the object types and the shortcuts?

The original plan was to make all structural navigation objects
accessible via a list, and also make the presentation similar so that
what a user found when navigating amongst objects (especially form
fields and their labels) matched with what was found in the lists. It
sounds like your solution may be different. Whether or not that matters
is something I'll leave open for discussion.

Okay, the lists aren't supporting all objects, yet. But the presentation
is already as with structural navigation.

Except for the links. I think the splitting between visited and
unvisited links useless. Who should know which link he have visited and
which link not?

I have no problem to make separated lists. Important to me is that there
is a link list without splitting.

And in the lists I have added two additional types of objects. The
clickable objects and frames.

I found pages where 'visual' buttons in truth, paragraphs, sections, or
images with an onclick attribute. Or on Flash movies this can happen.

Easy to navigate between frames I find quite helpful. For example, in
older pages, the navigation bar with links and the main part is
separated with frames.

But what I didnÃt understand: Why should we move between separators? If
you need this really?

Last night I had a few ideas to the lists. How about to use, for
example, instead of separate dialogs with lists, a pop-up menu? As it
has previously used the extension for Firefox.

Greetings
Marcus