[orca-list] Howto: converting from Mallard help pages to HTML documentation

Hy,

I found a pronounce solution to convert Mallard documentation help page with HTML or XHTML format.
If you are interesting, need doing following:
1. Download with libxslt source from http://git.gnome.org/libxslt repository. 2. Download yelp-xsl source from http://git.gnome.org/yelp-xsl git repository.
3. Download yelp-tools from http://git.gnome.org/yelp-tools repository.

All packages are need compiling and installing with general way:
./autogen.sh
make >/dev/NULL
make install >/dev/NULL
The order is following:
- libxslt
-yelp-xsl
- yelp-tools
If any package require a special dependency, please install and try again the package configuration, compiling and installation.

How can doing you the conversion?
1. First, create a directory with you working, for example:
mkdir orca-doc

2. After this, copy your locale .page files from orca/help/your_locale directory, for example:
cp /orca/help/es/*.page orca-doc
Better method if you replace the path with /usr/local/share/gnome/help/your_locale/*, but this is path depending with your installation prefix. For example:
cp -r /usr/local/share/gnome/help/orca/es/* orca-doc
The advantage of this second method you don't need manual copying the figures with orca source directory/help/C locale.

3. If this second step is done, you go to you created working directory with you prewious copyed all important files, for example the orca-doc directory.
You need doing following commands:
yelp-build cache *.page
This step creating index.cache file.
mkdir html
This command creating the output directory with you would like creating the HTML converted help pages after the final conversion.
yelp-build html -o html *.page
This command doing final conversion, and putting resulted html files with the html directory (-o option).

Some very interesting experiences after the final conversion:
When I looked the final converted index.html file, similar with Yelp Orca does'nt spokening link word if the caret positioned a section (I used arrow keys, more with Up and Down arrow keys). When I looking this links with Tab or Shift+Tab key, Orca right spokening the title and short description with the section (desc attributed short description in translation po files). I tested the converted HTML pages with Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and latest Orca git master version. Joanie, if you trying this conversion possible fix this problem if I sending a debug.out file with a bugreport to see what happening this situation when Orca not identify links with arrow key navigation? This problem reproducable same with Lucid packaged 2.30.0 and Natty packaged Yelp version (2.32 version packaged now in Natty).

I hope this howto help peoples with would like this new fantastic Orca manual with HTML or XHTML format.

Attila