Re: [orca-list] Bug in Orca with Debian

Hi,

Disclaimer: I am not an Orca expert, and in fact did not install Gnome until upgrading to Squeeze.

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:

I used Debian lenny, and I installed unstable release of orca, i.e.
2.30.2-2. It worked perfectly.

Then I tried migrating to squeeze. I tried also on current testing
(wheezy). On squeeze, I tried current release, then I tried today newly
committed in experimental repository 2.91.6 release.

It doesn't work. Here are the details of the bug with debug files:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-accessibility/2011/02/msg00044.html

I know the Squeeze Release Notes strongly recommend not having any packages from newer releases installed when you do the upgrade. NOw whether downgrading Orca to the version in Lenny and then upgrading it will fix your problem, I don't know.

Geoff.