[orca-list] Navigation on desktop icon view: Which is appropriate(Right arrow/Down Arrow)?

Dear Members,

As a research project we are working on the navigation related issues on Desktop icon view and we found following issues & bugs related with
          For the same, we have explored and concluded that there should be an easy way to navigate through icons on desktop for traversing (with completeness) or searching. There should be connectivity between previous row/column and next row/column for the completeness. Means to traverse all icon with single direction (either down arrow or right arrow) focus should move from one row/column to next row/column. As I understands, for a visually impaired user there is nothing like rows and columns, they will refer just pre/next items on desktop. Now the query is, which direction (top-->bottom or left--> right)will be appropriate or should be chosen to work on same issue? Is there any reason to give preference to use LTR (Left To Right) than TTB(Top To Bottom)? It would be better if some statistics or research results are available to justify the choice.

Your suggestions and feedback are welcome to discuss.

With regards
Leena