[orca-list] Any Good File Browsers?

Hey, I'm getting really tired of Nautilus, the default file
browser/manager for GNOME lately.  Under GNOME 3.2, I'm seeing a lot
of instability; like I've had it simply vanish (probably crashed)
several times in the past day or two.  Also, it takes forever to bring
up a list of 400 or 500 items with Orca.  Also, I'm noticing a lot of
problem with renaming files where the orca still thinks the file has
its old name.  It's almost like the information isn't getting updated
in Orca's view of the selected item; this last problem is kind of
speratic.

What I wonder is if this is going to continue for a while, is there
any other file browser program that will work in GNOME instead? maybe
it will work better.  Sure I could use dired in emacs or mc in the
console but they lack some features like running associated
applications against the selected items.

Any ideas?