Re: [orca-list] Orca Accessible install from live media

Thanks for the response, Jason.

I have the ISOs for Arch (TalkingArch) and Fedora. What my goal is is to set up a desktop system which my family (who do not need any assistive technologies) can use, and something which has Orca, Speakup, and magnification for myself. I don't have much trouble with the command-line (I just would need to learn what to do to get certain things such as wireless and such running), but my wife would be completely lost in that environment.

As far as an accessible installation goes with Orca, I had a question related to that. is there a way to go through the Orca setup, but to not have to log out afterwards? I was testing out Linux Mint 12 on a live system, but it did not have Orca installed by default (likely due to ISO size constraints). I installed it and went through the setup, but when I logged out I could not log in again. No user name or password would work (such as 'liveuser' with a blank password as Fedora has it), so there was no way to log into the system again (I am going to bring this up on the Mint Forums).

In any case, I am going to try to learn Speakup as well so that I can try out TalkingArch more in-depth. I won't get into that, though, as I know there is a Speakup list out there.

Thanks for the information, Jason.

Take care.