[orca-list] festival

Hi all

I am trying to install festival voices on my computer. I particularly need Portuguese, since I have not found
it elsewhere, spanish would be nice too, english probably. anyway, I followed the procedure outlined here:

http://stormdragon.us/?tag=orca-voices

and when I try to test it in the terminal, no go. I also cannot get orca to use the voices that are now
installed in my computer. I go to the orca prefs under voices, then in the first pop-up box I have to select
orca speech services instead of speech dispatcher, otherwise the festival gnome services don't show up in the
next pop-up box. Then in the box with the people, I can see all the festival voices I installed. I select
one, and press apply, and orca goes silent.

I would appreciate help with this problem, or maybe a place where it was already discussed. I have ubuntu
10.0.4 if memory serves, the latest version of vinux as of the last couple days, and the latest version of
orca as of yesterday.

Regards
Justin