[orca-list] Linux Mint 12, Orca, and gnome-terminal

Hello, everyone.

Maybe a month or two ago there was a thread on this list about Orca not reading the first character of a line in gnome-terminal. I am posting this here because (1) I could not find that thread (probably because I need to improve my search engine skills...sorry) and (2) I had not seen any further development on this particular thread.

I was testing out Orca on a Linux Mint 12 live USB system (Orca is not installed by default in Linux Mint, evidently), and I noticed that this bug was not present (i.e. Orca reads the entire line, including the first character). GNOME was at version 3.2 and Orca was at version 3.2.1 when I installed the gnome-Orca package.

I have a fully updated Ubuntu 11.10 installed on a laptop which I have, and Orca still does not read the first character of a line in gnome-terminal, so I do not know what the difference could be between Linux Mint and Ubuntu.

As a matter of fact, I just checked this out on my current Linux Mint 11 installation and Orca reads every character in the terminal here as well, just not on my Ubuntu installation. In this case, I have GNOME 2.32 and Orca 3.0.0 running.

I don't know if this makes any difference at all, or if it would help on the bug report, but if it could be of any help please let me know what information I would need to provide and how to access it and provide it.

Take care.