[orca-list] Remote access to gnome with orca and/or speech dispatcher?
- From: David Sexton <david explorechange net>
- To: orca-list gnome org
- Subject: [orca-list] Remote access to gnome with orca and/or speech dispatcher?
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:53:10 +0530
Is there an accessible way to control and receive feedback to offer
something like remote assistance?
Right now I mostly use ssh to troubleshoot client troubles, but having
access to gnome would be better in many situations.
Here's how I offer remote assistance over the internet currently using a
shell account on an internet server
1. have the client create a reverse ssh tunnel to the internet server:
ssh -R 2020:localhost:22 user internetHost
2. then I log into the internet host box
3. then log into the client machine
ssh user localhost -p 2020
and there I'm in without worrying about IP addresses and port forwarding
] [Thread Prev