Re: [orca-list] thunderbird lightning calendar thing, round 2

Hello.

It appears that if you you use Ubuntu you can install Lightning  either via the Software Center or from a terminal by using the command:

sudo apt-get install xul-ext-lightning

Once it is installed, you will have a new menu in Thunderbird titled Events and Tasks (accessible by pressing ALT+N).

Also (at least on my system), you will have a calendar pane which exists to the far right of your Thunderbird window. To open up a new tab which ist a dedicated calendar page, you can press CTRL+SHIFT+C.

It appears that there is another Thunderbird extension which is basically a supplement to Lightning; this extension allows bidirectional syncing of your Google calendar, so you can manipulate it from Thunderbird. The extension is called Provider for Google Calendar, and you can find it here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/provider-for-google-calendar/

I cannot write instructions right now on how to do this, but if you need, I can do it for you a little later.

I hope that this helps you some.

/Take care.