Re: [orca-list] Alternatives to Mozilla based software

Hi all.

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 21:55 +0200, Mallory van Achterberg wrote:

There is a problem with Webkit that bothers me, and that's skip links
don't work (they don't move your focus down to the destination).

Huh. I'd not noticed that. But I can confirm it for wikipedia.

in-page link, I want/need my focus down there too.  I believe I heard
this is in a bugzilla at webkit but it's old and I dunno when they'll
fix it.

Well, at least for WebKitGtk we have an awesome group of developers who
in my experience are quite responsive and care alot about accessibility.

I've done a couple of quick searches in the appropriate bugzilla
(bugs.webkit.org) and I am not seeing the bug you allude to yet. I'll
keep searching and if need be, file a mew bug. After all, worst case
scenario is that it gets marked as a dup.

Having said all that, in my experience one gets faster results by
communicating with the developers of the modules in question on specific
bugs which you track. (i.e. don't tell us; tell them)

Thanks for the tip!
--joanie