[orca-list] getting the knowledge to find bugs, and fix them in orca?

Hi all,
I'm curious, as a relatively technical computer user, but having little experience with coding etc, how
doesone go about getting the necessary materials to learn the various languages orca was written?  I'm
getting involved because I want to see something better than the "windows" alternative to adaptive
technology.  Does the knowledge come from experience?
Thanks,
Justin