Re: [orca-list] Is anyone still using gnome-speech with Orca master?

Hey all.

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 21:29 +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
This slowness with orca and speech-dispatcher is a real problem. Its
something to do with when using say all.

Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear, but thank you for saying it nonetheless.

I think the thing to do then is to get to the bottom of things, file
bugs against the appropriate components, etc., so that we can resolve
things once and for all.

For what it's worth, I personally have no animosity towards
gnome-speech. <grins> But the deprecated gnome-speech, which depends
upon the deprecated bonobo, is going the way of the dinosaur. So even if
we keep the support in place within Orca, we're going to find fewer and
fewer distros with gnome-speech available to us.

Any volunteers able and willing to start digging into the
speech-dispatcher issue?

Thanks! Take care.
--joanie