Re: [orca-list] Is anyone still using gnome-speech with Orca master?

Hy Joanie,

Since Speech-dispatcher works pulseaudio, I using Speech-dispatcher, very old time I not used gnome-speech backend. What will be happening when you removing gnome-speech related components the Orca level translation marked punctuation characters? I think this strings now defined with src/orca/chnames.py file (and if I remember right the minimal need punctuation level is defined too a character this file), some example strings:
#. Translators: this is the spoken word for the character '"' (U+0022)
#.
#: ../src/orca/chnames.py:55
msgid "quote"
msgstr "idÃzÅjel"

#. Translators: this is the spoken word for the character '#' (U+0023)
#.
#: ../src/orca/chnames.py:59
msgid "number"
msgstr "kettÅs kereszt"

If I known right Speech-dispatcher not using this character definitions and handling now different way the punctuation levels, or I remember wrong?

Attila