Re: [orca-list] is ubuntu 11.04 worth a try with Orca?

On 04/23/2011 09:03 PM, hackingKK wrote:
Hello all,
I might as well put this question in slightly different couple of ways.
may be, is orca ready to go with Unity?
Not yet. There are support for several Unity sections, but a11y support on Unity it is not still complete.

or second, Will Unity be the default frontend to Gnome?

Unity will be the default frontend for Ubuntu.

I guess if Gnome shell is going to be the default then its perhaps ok, but I don't know much on the unity end.
Can some one explain me how is it exactly going to be?

GNOME Shell is the default desktop for GNOME 3.0, but remember that GNOME is not a distributor

Canonical has decided to use Unity as the default desktop for Ubuntu (Natty and beyond).

Another question slightly off topic but still in context with Orca is, which version of firefox will come with nati? do we at least now have a better firefox version as far as accessibility concerned?

Is ubuntu 11.04 worth a try or should we safely wait till 11.10 and currently persist with ubuntu 10.10 (Lucid)?

11.04 will also ship and updated version of the classic gnome desktop. So although a11y support on Unity is still "work in progress", it will also include the classic gnome (also for people lacking 3d hardware support).

BR

--
API