Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu PPA with daily builds of Orca

Hello,

On Apr 22, 2011, at 5:30 AM, Burt Henry wrote:

will these not also work with Lucid?

I did not try, but if you are comfortable with editing your
/etc/apt/sources.list and know how to install packages with apt from different
release with apt than the one you are currently running, you can give it a try,
there is a good chance the Maverick package will just work on Lucid.

Another alternative is to download the .deb directly [1] and install it with
dpkg -i. But you will have to redownload it again to get new versions.

Or wait until Launchpad gets its bug solved properly and I enable daily builds
also for Lucid.

Cheers,
Boris

[1]: you can find the up-to-date .deb file on
https://launchpad.net/~dusek/+archive/gnome-orca-daily/+packages
after unfolding the menu at the gnome-orca-...~maverick package
and going to section "Package files"