[orca-list] installing orca 3.0 for a friend

Hi all, I am at a friend's house, installing Orca 3.0, because he is interested in trying out the new firefox
4 enhancements.  All went OK, with one exception.  Whenever orca is launched, a terminal window is launched,
and if I close it, there is no speech.  In the window, I notice messages like org.gnome.desktop.interface is
not installed.  This makes sense to me, since he is not running Natty, and the new feature is there to tell
you what interface you are using.  Is there any way to correct this, to where the terminal window does not
appear?  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and Thanks much in advance.

Guy