Re: [orca-list] Orca speech in Calc sheets

Replying back on list to keep this discussion more alive.

Yes, I see what you mean.  The status bar doesn't show the sheet
names; I hadn't realized that before.  When I was flat reviewing just
now, I noticed that the sheet names are up a couple lines from the
status bar.  This does bring up some questions about how this part of
OOo Calc works.  I'm wondering if there are mini status bars for each
window or something.  I found that if I click on the sheet name, it
will take focus from the other sheet back to this one.  I wonder what
a trip with Accerciser might reveal in this area.  If nothing else,
maybe some sort of hot keys to read those selected parts of the screen
but I don't think Orca has functionality to support that kind of
thing.

Boy, that's a long way around to say that you're right in what you
observe.  One think you could do for now is use the status bar to tell
you which sheet you're in by number and then use flat review to go up
a couple lines past the row of push buttons and then listen to the
sheet names.  Well, that worked for me because I only had one sheet
given a new name; the others were unnamed.  If all the sheets in your
spreadsheet are named, this idea might not work to well.  Although, I
think the sheet names should be in numerical order.  Might have to do
some playing around for now until some of us programmer types might be
able to figure something better out.